In 1817, The Graham family wondered out of the tree line and settled where Rochester would eventually build into a bustling town. They were from Rochester, New York, and so they dubbed the area Rochester as well and built their little cabin where Main and Second Street now intersect. It turns out that the heavily wooded area that they decided to call home would soon be an industrial center that would shortly make a name for itself due to its proximity to the powerful Clinton River and Paint Creek.